Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My life as a Vandy fan...



So, it wasn't until I met Mr. Lucas that I followed Vanderbilt Athletics. What began as something fun to do while we dated, has turned into ALL we do now that we are married. I used to fight it, but now I have accepted that I, too, will be a Vandy fan for life. (I am kinda like a Vandy fan once removed because it is only by marriage.)


We attend all home football games, rain or shine, all home basketball games, and most home baseball games. What once was an occasional date has now become our lives. The last time Mr. Lucas told me he was proud of me was not for my new job or because I did something exceptional, but because I had a conversation with someone about the all-star recruiting class and the dynamics of a young basketball team.


I can say, with the recent #6 win against Kentucky (the last 6 game winning season being in 1982- Yes, I know this.) I can say that I am so excited about this Saturday's early game.


It is going to be a great weekend, and it is only Wednesday.


All things considered... GO DORES~

(No Knobs)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Go Dores. When is Mr. Lucas going to post?

Anonymous said...

knob acknowledged. reversed.

Mark said...

After we moved to Nashville, Carolina very quickly became a Vandy fan. I've always enjoyed rooting for underdogs. It's been fun to see them do well.

Mark said...

So Mrs. Lucas. Given up on blogging? haha